When you’re planning a family vacation and need some activities to keep the kids happy, it’s always great to have a list on hand, and with so many great activities in Asheville, there’s no reason to stress out in the car about what to do next! Read on to discover some of our favorite things to do in Asheville with kids!
Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best things to do in Asheville with kids, but if you are looking for more, simply download our free Chimney Rock Vacation Guide! Our local guide has over 100 recommendations on outdoor recreation, museums, restaurants, and more!
15 of the Best Things to Do in Asheville with Kids
1. Make a Trip to Pisgah National Forest
A trip to the Pisgah National Forest is one of the best things to do in Asheville, NC, for people of all ages. This park is full of incredible natural treasures and brilliant waterfalls. It is a year-round destination with enough outdoor recreation to keep you busy for days. Hiking and swimming are both popular activities. Be sure to take a hike to Looking Glass Falls during your trip!
2. Play Games at Asheville’s Fun Depot
In preparation for a chance of rain, it is always great to have a list of indoor activities at hand! At Asheville’s Fun Depot, you will find indoor go-karts, arcade games, and kid-friendly foods like pizza. This family entertainment center features laser tag, indoor mini-golf, bumper cars, and wall-climbing. If travelling with toddlers, the indoor playground, Tots Lagoon, is sure to keep them happy and busy!
3. Take a Trip to Chimney Rock State Park
Chimney Rock State Park is full of learning and fun. There are numerous hiking trails here, including one that was especially designed for children! Animal-lovers will adore the Kids Discovery Den, where numerous park animals are housed, like reptiles and amphibians! Located only only a few minutes away from The Esmeralda Inn & Restaurant, Chimney Rock State Park is the perfect place to spend a day in the great outdoors. If you are planning a trip, be sure to take advantage of our Hickory Nut Gorge Package to save on tickets and lodging!
More Great Kid-Friendly Activities
- Have some fun on the water with river tubing on the Green River!
- Explore interactive exhibits at the Hendersonville Children’s Museum.
- Take a Biltmore Estate Tour. Kid-friendly tours are available!
- The Lake Lure Flowering Bridge is one of the most unique gardens in North Carolina! Best of all, this one-of-a-kind kid friendly garden is free!
- Drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway!
- Explore Western North Carolina's diverse wildlife at the Western N.C. Nature Center.
- Go apple picking!
- Take a train ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad!
- Explore the art in Asheville’s River Arts District!
- Indulge in Carolina-style barbecue and free arcade games at the kid-friendly restaurant, Moe’s BBQ!
- Zip through the heart of the Western N.C. mountains on a canopy tour!
- Explore the mountains on a horseback riding tour!
Situated in one of the most incredible canyons, The Esmeralda Inn & Restaurant is right in the middle of all the great things to see and do. The comfort and convenience of our inn will make your vacation as easy and stress-free as possible! After a day of enjoying some of Asheville’s greatest kid-friendly activities, head over to The Esmeralda Restaurant. Our diverse menu is full of fresh and local cuisine that guarantees to please even the pickiest of eaters!
All of our guests enjoy an array of special amenities, including complimentary breakfast and access to our patio and outdoor whirlpool spa, game room, and the Esmeralda Park along the Rocky Broad River! For families planning their next vacation, The Esmeralda Cabin is the perfect accommodation. This cabin features 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and is just steps away from the main inn, allowing guests additional privacy and seclusion for a relaxing getaway. Check our availability today! We can’t wait to host you at The Esmeralda Inn & Restaurant!
Remember to download your free vacation guide to find more great things to do in Asheville with kids!