From football games to the nightlife of uptown, there is a lot to love about the Queen City. However, every now and then, we all need to escape the hustle-and-bustle of city life. Luckily, the perfect weekend getaway from Charlotte, NC, is only a stone’s throw away! If outdoor recreation, great food, and small town feels sound like the perfect vacation to you, then it’s time to plan a trip to Chimney Rock! For a full list of local attractions and ways to relax, remember to download our free Chimney Rock/Lake Lure Vacation Guide!
Hit The Road for Your Weekend Getaway from Charlotte, NC
Chimney Rock’s abundant outdoor recreation sets it apart from neighboring areas! If you need a break from city life, surround yourself with nature at one of these popular sites.
- Chimney Rock State Park is known for its iconic stone peak that overlooks the mountains, Located just outside of Asheville, this beautiful park offers hiking trails, rock climbing, kid-friendly activities, and more.
- You will experience relaxation at its finest when you visit Lake Lure! This picturesque body of water is surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains, making it a peaceful oasis for couples and families alike. Feel free to go for a stroll, have a picnic, take a dip, or enjoy a boat tour.
- Mount Mitchell Trail boasts the highest peak east of the Mississippi River, making it home to some of the most spectacular views in North Carolina. Hike a trail to the top of the mountain to admire its jaw-dropping scenery and panoramic vistas.
No road trip to Chimney Rock is complete without some delicious dining! Luckily, when you stay at the Esmeralda Inn, you won’t need to travel far for a gourmet, farm-to-table dining experience! The Esmeralda Restaurant is conveniently located at our main inn. Each season, we craft a wonderful new menu that is made using only the freshest local ingredients possible.
In addition, the mountain town of Chimney Rock is only a scenic 40-minute drive from Asheville, a city that is truly a foodie’s paradise. Here, you will find countless restaurants and some of the finest eats around. One of the best ways to experience Asheville’s food scene is to take a guided food tour. From classic Southern fare to international cuisine, you can take your taste buds on a culinary adventure.
More Resources for Planning Your Weekend Getaway from Charlotte
When you plan a trip to Chimney Rock, you can enjoy the best of both worlds. Nestled in one of the most incredible canyons, our small mountain town offers a peaceful retreat that is only a short trip away from the bustling city of Asheville. For more fun things to do during your weekend getaway, read our blogs on:
- The Most Beautiful Places to Enjoy North Carolina’s Fall Colors
- 7 of the Greatest Breweries Near Asheville
- Fun Things to Do on the Rocky Broad River
- Incredible North Carolina Waterfalls
- The Best Places for Apple Picking in Hendersonville
Relax at the Esmeralda Inn & Restaurant
If relaxation is the goal of your weekend getaway from Charlotte, then look no further than the Esmeralda Inn & Restaurant. Indulge in our luxurious spa services, take a dip in our outdoor hot tub, or simply rock away on your private patio to the sounds of the Rocky Broad River. After your stay at the Esmeralda, we know that you will return home feeling completely refreshed and rejuvenated. If you are ready to plan your next vacation, check out our seasonal specials and book your stay!
If you are looking for more fun things to do during your weekend getaway from Charlotte, remember to download our complimentary Chimney Rock/Lake Lure Vacation Guide!